Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blog Post 9

First of all, I loved reading this post because it gave me many things to look forward to when I become a teacher. These are things that I am almost certain the majority of first year teachers do or overlook and it will be nice to have a background! I think he is absolutely right; new teachers become so conserned with themselves and proving to their fellow employees that they are a good teacher that they loose focus on what is most important: the students. The students should always be a teachers first concern. It really hit me when he talked about making the perfect lesson plan and that it is never perfect. I often do not think about that, but I certainly should. I can make a lesson plan that seems perfect on paper, but that does not mean that all of my students will grasp the content simply based on the plan. Workplace drama.. I do not think that you can ever escape that. As he said, communication is key! Growing up I had a few bad apples for teachers but for the most part they all encouraged me to do my best. I think that I was lucky because my teachers encouraged me to do my best, but never repremanded me when I did not meet their expectations. I know that many teachers do this, and it is sad. As he says, they are children, and neither of us are perfect. I do not think I have to worry so much about the technology aspect simply for the fact that we are being pushed to use it in our education now, while teachers who went to school even ten years ago were not. He ends the post with: "we owe it to our students." We truly do.

1 comment:

  1. Bailey,

    You say, "First of all, I loved reading this post because it gave me many things to look forward to when I become a teacher. These are things that I am almost certain the majority of first year teachers do or overlook and it will be nice to have a background!"

    Mr. McClung's blog definitely offers a number of valuable tips for pre-service teachers! I like that you considered how you will apply these things into your class!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete