Monday, April 4, 2011

Summary C4T 3

Freakish Final Four?
ESPN had over 5.9 million entries to its Tournament Challenge. Only two of them have the final four correct.Given what you know about college basketball, the NCAA Tournament, and probability, are you surprised there are two that are correct? Or would you have expected there to be more that were correct? Or less?

My response:
At first glance I thought there should be more but I agree that 2 is about correct, I do not know much about NCAA basketball but calculations show that 2 would be correct.

I'm Going (to) Nowhere, How About You?

If you live in the Denver metro area, considering attending a screening of Race to Nowhere on Tuesday, April 5th, from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Laura Ingalls Wilder Elementary School in Littleton. I'll be there and I hope you'll join us. You can purchase tickets for $10 (plus $1.54 fee) online or pay $15 at the door (space available, I assume).



My response:
I believe this is a imortant film to watch for future educators and also for parents. I am interested to see what the student discussion afterwards holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment