Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Post 10

Morgan Bayda:I am not sure that I can fully relate to Dan Brown or Morgan Bayda, but I do understand what they are saying. We truly are using an educational system that was designed for a different time. The world has change immensely, however education has not seemed to catch on so well. Hopefully in the next few years will change for us because this is not how people should feel about their schooling.
     
I do not have the same experiences that Morgan Bayda had. She says that she often felt cheated in her university classes because they were either too big or too small for communication to be comfortable. I have been in classes as big as 200 people with auditorium seating and classes as small as ten people. I never seem to have a problem speaking my mind. I think it all depends on how outspoken you are, if you are shy you are gonna have trouble getting your point across in any class size.
     
So much can be done over the internet. Dan Brown is right when he says that information is now free. If the education system does not start realizing this fact and changing the way things are done, I do believe that more students will do just what Brown did: drop out. Literally almost anything can be found online, so why would people pay to have someone tell you in a lecture? This makes sense right? I do believe so!
    
Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home:


     Wow! This post was pretty funny, but rather sad at the same time. I am very glad that he stuck up to the woman because that was just ridiculous! I have to wonder why people would think that students taking pencils home results in lower test scores? I would think that it would result in higher test scores! Apparently not...

No comments:

Post a Comment