Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Post 11

This video was so interesting! It was really great for me to actually see technology being used in the classroom, rather than just reading about it. I have never seen a classroom like this, but it is very inspiring to know that it can be done. The fact that its in an elementary school made it even better because that is what I want to teach. The amount of technology this class uses is incredible and these children are very lucky to have a teacher that is willing to bring technology into the classroom. I loved that they got to Skype to people all around the world, this makes being at school way more intersting. I would honestly have never thought to do this with my class, but it is definitely something that I will use now that I have seen it done. I really would love to meet Ms. Cassidy. It is so inspiring to see and hear an elementary teacher using so much technology in the classroom. I can only hope that I can use this technology in the same way she does. Many administrators do not find this amount of technology to be necessary but I absolutely believe it is best for the students to start using technology in the classroom. I also worry about the parents' reactions. Ms. Cassidy's parents all were very happy in this setting, and hopefully my parents will be as well. I think it was very obvious from the video to see how truly advanced her students are! They seem to really enjoy their classroom setting and clearly they are learning more and more every day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bailey! I found this video very interesting as well, and I enjoyed reading your take on it. I am majoring in Elementary Education and have also wondered throughout the semester how all of this technology would apply to me and my classroom. So, it was very good to see how Ms. Cassidy incorporated it with six year olds! It was such an inspiration to see the many ways she used technology in her class! I too hope to be able to use it the way she does to reach my students and to make it a more enjoyable and interesting learning environment for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the chances that you will incorporate technology into your classroom as Ms. Cassidy has?

    ReplyDelete