Friday, February 18, 2011

Blog #5

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This had some really great points. I had never seen a podcast until I took this class EDM 310, so this was a good video for me to watch. It shows many ways that podcasts can be used in the classroom for the benefit of the children. Now that I have experienced podcasts I understand the importance of using them.


The Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
The Judy Scharf Podcast Collection is a great tool because there is a file that you can download that has a list of benefits of podcasting in education! Judy Scharf describes a podcast as the following: "The term "podcast" is a cross between "broadcast" and "iPod." A podcast is a "radio-style" talk show. It may include music as well." Instead of standing in front of the class with note cards, podcasts allow us to incorporate music, video, pictures, and additional audio! I think that all of these resources will be very beneficial when creating my own podcasts in classrooms.

The Education Broadcasting Network
This holds great resources for all teachers. All teachers need new ideas to incorporate the leaning abilities of the children they are teaching. As a new teacher in a few years, I will surely be looking back at this network because I feel like it can help me in many ways. The list of benefits of using podcasts in the classroom goes on forever.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew how beneficial podcasts could be either. I especially loved it when they learned about podcasting through project-based learning. I also enjoyed looking at the Education Broadcasting Network. I'm sure I'll forget all of these websites so I'll be sure to bookmark that site on delicious so it will be there for me when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Paige; I never knew how beneficial podcasts could be! As future teachers, I think it's always important to find interesting ways to teach our students and get them interested. Not only would it be a great teaching tool, I think it's a great way for students to create their own projects and learn. Something else I thought more about after I posted my blogpost was the opportunity it creates for students to role play.

    ReplyDelete